How Can You Treat Measles – Both Medicineand Home Remedies?
Measles or rubella is a highly contagious infection that affects the respiratory system of an individual. There are high chances of the infection to spread out from one person to another through utensils and also through various other activities such as sneezing. The virus can get active just in few hours and symptoms can be noticed in just a day’s time.
Due to its dangerous form and the increasing death rate, especially in children, many of the countries across the world have started measles vaccine to protect the kids and the adults from the virus that is spread out in the air by a patient.
Symptoms of Measles
Though symptoms such as a cough and cold can also be noted as symptoms of viral fever, they cannot be avoided fully. Some of the important symptoms of Measles that you should notice are:
- Running Nose,
- A sore throat,
- Redness of the eyes,
- Light sensitiveness,
- Ache in the muscles,
- Spots inside the mouth.
After a day or two, you will get:
- Itchy skin,
- Red or brown color rash all over the body or at some specific parts.
Medical Way of Treating Measles
By now there have been no medicines discovered that can cure measles. The only medication that the doctors can prescribe is analgesics that are effective in providing you comfort in fever and cold. The measles will get cured on its own after a span of 2-3 weeks, till then the patient has to tolerate all the pain and discomfort.
Home Remedies for Measles
Similar to medical treatments, home remedies are also not effective in curing the measles. They can only provide some kind of comfort to the patient in different ways. So, some of the home remedies for measles are here;
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has always been known for its great effects on the skin. Applying the gel from the fresh cut aloe Vera leaf can provide comfort from the itching of the rashes.
- Lemon Juice: The acidic properties of lemon are highly effective in drying out pimples. This can also be used by dabbing juice on the rashes. This helps in drying out the rashes so that they die out early.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal also is effective in providing comfort from itchiness of the rashes. The best way is to add a cup of oatmeal in the bathing water.
- Baking Soda: Similar to oatmeal, baking soda can also be used in bathing water as this helps in lessening the sensation of scratching the rashes.
- Tea of Licorice Root: Licorice Root has anti-infection properties. Hence, it is highly effective in drinking the tea made up of Licorice Root.
- Tea of Valerian Root: Often patients cannot sleep due to discomfort. Drinking the tea of Valerian Root before bedtime can promote a great sleep.
- Neem Leaves: It is high in anti-bacterial properties. Applying neem paste on the rashes cans lesser itchiness.
- Juice of Bitter Gourd:The antioxidant properties of bitter gourd make it one effective food item that helps in faster recovery from the infection of measles.
- Coconut Water: Measles also makes your skin dry. Coconut water helps in keeping you hydrated.
Though none of the remedies can cure you of measles in a day’s time, these are highly effective in providing you comfort in different ways.